The London Gymnastics Academy (LGA) rocked the house to finish the 2018-2019 competition season with a bang! Congratulations to LGA’s Compulsory Level 3-5 Competitive provincial athletes for qualifying for Ontario Championships! And an outstanding job to the Level 3 athletes at this year’s Ontario Championships, which were held at the Waterloo Memorial Recreation Complex on June 1-2. LGA was awarded the Top Level 3 Team in Ontario!
Congratulations also to the Level 4/5 athletes that competed at the New Tecumseth Recreation Centre in Alliston on June 7-9. We are so proud of these superstars and we commend them for their hard work and dedication! A special shout out goes to the athletes that medalled and placed in the Top 8 Overall at Championships:
- Ava Easton – 4th Overall, 1st Bars
- Ella Ferreira – 2nd Overall, 3rd Beam
- Abigail Dogar – 1st Beam
- Olivia Prince – 5th Overall, 1st Vault, 2nd Bars
- Madeline Hunter – 7th Overall, 2nd Bars
- Katelyn Whitelaw-Steele – 3rd Beam
- Brynley Brown – 2nd Overall, 1st Vault, 2nd Bars, 3rd Beam
- Olivia Webb – 8th Overall, 2nd Bars
- Sarah Welch – 1st Overall, 1st Bars, 1st Beam, 1st Floor
- Daria Chambers – 2nd Overall, 2nd Vault, 3rd Bars
- Danika Roder – 5th Overall, 3rd Beam
- Ella Crowley – 2nd Overall, 1st Bars
- Ashley Bolster – 3rd Overall, 2nd Vault, 3rd Bars
- Michela Raso – 5th Overall, 3rd Beam
- Vanessa Smith – 3rd Overall, 1st Floor
Congratulations to these athletes on all of your hard work this season! LGA ALL THE WAY!
LGA Summer Camps
The London Gymnastics Academy and London Heat Cheerleading offer fun- filled, full and half-day summer camps at our new, state-of-the-art, air-conditioned facility. Athletes have an opportunity to bounce and tumble on our trampolines, play in the foam pits, swing on the bars, and test their balance on the beam.
Our coaches are experienced, highly- trained and NCCP certified. We are offer- ing 9 weeks of camp starting July 2 and running through August 30 for children and youth aged 4 to 15. Camps include: 1.5 to 2 hours of structured gymnastics or cheerleading (morning & afternoon), thematic activities and games, crafts, outdoor activities with water-play (weath- er permitting) and pizza Fridays!
Last summer, our camps were very popular. To join the fun, register online.
Submitted by London Gymnastics Academy