As the summer season comes to an end, the George Bray Sports Association gets ready to ‘drop the puck’ on our 50th hockey season.
And as we kick off our 50th season, we do so in our new home, the Kinsmen Recreation Centre. While we are sad to leave Glen Cairn (it has been our home for over 10 seasons now), we are excited to move to the larger – and definitely warmer – Kinsmen.
With the move to the larger facility, we will have access to two ice pads and can run our entire program on one day! For the first time in decades, all of our 18 teams will play on Saturdays between the hours of 8:00am and 1:30pm. We will still maintain our hockey school on Wednesdays from 6:00pm to 7:00pm, as well as our no-cost equipment loaner program. The GBSA board members, coaches and on-ice skaters are all volunteers which helps to keep our fees low, and they are among the most caring people you will find in sports.
Our program has something for everyone:
• Fundamentals for our players new to hockey – this program includes our Hockey School with registration
• Junior for our younger players who are familiar with basic skating and hockey – players are typically in elementary school
• Intermediate for our players who have skating and hockey skills – players are typically (but not always) in their early to mid-teens
• Senior for our players that are skilled in both hockey and skating – players are typically in their late teens and beyond.
Registration for the upcoming season is being held at Kinsmen Recreation Centre (20 Granville St.) on the following dates:
• September 15 – from 9:00am to 12:00pm
• September 19 – from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
• September 22 – from 9:00am to 12:00pm
• September 26 – from 6:00pm to 8:00pm (if necessary)
Registration information and forms can be found and downloaded from our website at www.georgebraysports.ca. Our 50th season starts with the first puck being dropped at 8:00am on Saturday, September 29. If you are not sure that the GBSA is right for you or your player, come and check out the action! We know you’re out there … Everybody knows somebody who can benefit from this league. Teachers, Educational Assistants, relatives, friends, and neighbours – we need your help to spread the word. At GBSA, you have to be here, to see it, to believe it!
Visit our website at www.georgebraysports.ca and ‘Like’ us on Facebook!
Submitted by George Bray Sports Association